Saturday, October 12, 2019

"Behind the Lady Who Dances"


“Behind the corpse in the reservoir, behind the ghost on the links,
Behind the lady who dances and the man who madly drinks,
Under the look of fatigue, the attack of migraine and the sigh
There is always another story, there is more than meets the eye.” At Last the Secret Is Out, W.H. Auden

I am trying to understand.  You.

There must be another story.  There must be more than meets the eye.

I want to forgive. I want to be forgiven. 

But I don’t know your untold story. I cannot comprehend what my eye cannot see.

I offer you blank pages, with no columns for judgment, for you to tell me your story. I seek to understand you finally.  I search to see you fully.

I want to love you real, as God who knows all your stories loves.

Tell me another story…tell me please.

A Meditation on Psalm 139:1


No comments:

Post a Comment