Saturday, May 14, 2022

Courage for the Journey

 Joshua 1:7a “Be strong and very courageous.”

 Second on my ‘power walking playlist’ is Bad Day (ironically, by Daniel Powter).

 One of the lines is “You're faking a smile with the coffee to go”. Who cannot relate to that picture? Then the song works toward the chorus:

'Cause you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around…

 My playlist moves on to other, happier lyrics. But I keep Bad Day second because it reminds me of how I sometimes feel at the start of a day or a walk.

 After Moses died God passed the baton of the leadership relay to Joshua.  Joshua had been in training, but now he had to lead.  God didn’t promise him it would be an easy journey, but he did promise, “I will give you ever place where you set your foot.” (v.3)

 God’s next instruction was critical: ‘be strong and very courageous.’  Very. Courageous.

 You, my dear friend, may be having a bad day, walking a very difficult part of your journey. God encourages you: listen for the reminders to keep on movin’ and groovin’. Very courageously.

 The songs get better. Alleluia.

No comments:

Post a Comment