Saturday, February 26, 2022

Sabbath Prayers in Kyiv

 Sabbath, February 26, 2022

“Outmanned Ukrainian forces are holding on to their capital after hours of street fighting that included explosions and bursts of gunfire. Smoke was billowing from the sites of some clashes, but as the Kremlin assault entered its third day, Kyiv was still in Ukrainian government hands.” The Washington Post

 As the battle unfolds outside, imagine the people gathering inside. Surprised. Thankful. Accompanied by the sounds of explosions and bullets, the worship leader rises and reads:

Psalm 31

21 Praise be to the Lord,
    for he showed me the wonders of his love
    when I was in a city under siege.
22 In my alarm I said,
    “I am cut off from your sight!”
Yet you heard my cry for mercy
    when I called to you for help.

23 Love the Lord, all his faithful people!
    The Lord preserves those who are true to him,
    but the proud he pays back in full.
24 Be strong and take heart,
    all you who hope in the Lord.

And they pray. Really. Hard. Prayers. All God’s faithful people, let us pray…

No comments:

Post a Comment